The establishment was opened in 1903 by the Austrian Anton Rumpelmayer (1832 -1914), the imperial purveyor in Nice and Cannes was. The house changed its name originally under the name Rumpelmayer. Anton Mayer's son René lumber, and later his widow, Angelina continued the coffee and pastry shop. The name Angelina is to be derived from lumber Mayer's daughter, who took over the local 1916th As designers of the Belle Epoque-style restaurant served held the architect Jean-Edouard Niermans. The coffee house was visited by the nobility and the upper middle class. Customers have included the writer Marcel Proust and the fashion designer Coco Chanel . The restaurant remained in Rumpelmayer between family ownership until 1963. Since 2005 it belongs to the restaurant group, Bertrand, Angelina's name to the expanding international hallmark of a pastry chain in the Middle and Far East.
Angelina is known that especially for its almost pudding-like hot chocolate (chocolat l'africain) and for his Mont Blanc cake. The Angelina is expanded by the operator Groupe Bertrand and now has another house in the Palais des Congres at Porte Maillot, the Place de la second The name will be marketed internationally for sweets.